• Use non-breakable plastic containers that have a tight closing lid.
• Enclose in secondary packaging (usually a sealed plastic bag with some absorbent material inside).
• Ship in a rigid outer container (usually a cardboard box).
• Absorptive packing helps when there is a leak (medical pads, cotton strips, or paper towels).
• Place paperwork in a separate plastic bag, ESPECIALLY if filled out by hand.
• Considerations for very large specimens - allow to fix in formalin for 24-48 hours, then shipped wrapped in formalin-wetted paper towels or gauze within a plastic bag instead of a big jar full of formalin.
• Packaging supplies are available at no cost! Complete the Supplies Request form and return to us by email.